Crestwood Behavioral Health, a Public Benefit Corporation is proud to be California’s leading provider of mental health services. Together we invest our energy to enhance the quality of life, social integration, community support and empowerment of mental health clients.
Our Values: Family, compassion, commitment, enthusiasm, flexibility, character and social responsibility- drive the work that we do every day, at all our campuses. These values are integrated into every area of the company’s operations and they serve as the foundation of the programs and services we provide. We are deeply committed to creating a positive impact on society and the environment.
Dietary/Culinary Assistant/Cook Role:
The Dietary/Culinary Assistant/Cook, under the supervision of the director of dietary/culinary services, supports dietary/culinary services as described in the position responsibilities listed below. The dietary/culinary aide/cook shall fulfill these responsibilities in a timely manner as to meet the daily mealtime service requirements for our clients.
- A high school diploma/or equivalent desired.
- Previous experience in food service preferred.
- Possesses the ability to follow the correct procedure and follow directions in setting up all trays.
- Understands the basic principles of all common facility therapeutic and texture modified diets and properly serves foods designated for these diets.
- Understands standard dietary/culinary abbreviations and color-coding used in food service.
- Possesses interpersonal skills with the ability to be courteous, considerate, and cooperative when dealing with all facility personnel, clients, and visitors.
- Knowledge of required sanitary techniques in food service.
- Possesses the knowledge and skills to assist in food preparation and service to client and staff food items.
- Prepares beverages, nourishment, salads and desserts as assigned.
- Follow proper procedures for utilizing, sanitizing, and maintaining kitchen equipment such as dishwasher, cutting utensils, sinks, pots and pans, etc.
- Maintains clean kitchen, storeroom, and dish room floors to health code requirements.
- Works with clients in training capacity, if applicable.
We offer Full Time employees comprehensive health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D) as well as generous time away programs, flexible schedules, extensive training, tuition reimbursement and 401k retirement programs.
Crestwood Pandemic Response:
Supporting the safety and health of our clients and staff is our highest priority, responsibility, and privilege. Our goal is to provide a safe and sanitary environment for clients, staff, and visitors, and to help prevent the development and transmission of infection. Our Pandemic Response Committee partners with health experts across the country and connects with all of our facilities to ensure we are providing the best possible solutions (including preventive measures, protective equipment, emotional support, education, etc.) to meet staff and client needs.
Crestwood Behavioral Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.