A Health Science Technician (HS Tech) works within CTEH’s Health Sciences group managing data relevant to COVID-19 and individual exposure risk assessment. Individuals in this job will monitor Inbox and Ring Central numbers, take employee calls, answer questions and contact employees regarding testing status. A bachelor’s degree in a science related field plus a strong ability to multi-task along with excellent organizational skills and an above-average communication ability are essential for success in this job. Prior call-center experience is highly desirable. An HS Tech will work 12 hour shifts and may work up to 14 consecutive days; there is a high frequency of overtime. Incumbents may work remotely (at home or at client sites) or in an office environment. An HS Tech will use their personal computer with internet access and mobile phone. This position reports to a Health Scientist and has the potential for remote work/telework.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to your first day of employment is required, unless a medical or religious accommodation is needed. If two rounds of vaccination are required and only one has been received on your first day of employment, your continued employment by CTEH is contingent upon receipt of the second dose when due.
Job Type: Temporary
This is a part time position and as such does not offer benefits.
- Data Entry and Quality Assurance/Quality Control process on data;
- Monitor inbox or ring central numbers to triage administrative issues and forward calls to nurses for follow up;
- Take employee calls and provide accurate answers to their queries;
- Call employees to inform of their COVID-19 status;
- Conduct phone interviews and enter data;
- Handle sensitive information including Protected Medical Information (PMI) following HIPPA guideline;
- Provide guidance to callers to navigate, troubleshoot, and update status as needed;
- Review employee files and provide daily summaries and information reports;
- Reference and interpret CDC guidelines and communicate protocols;
- Interpret lab reports; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) or master’s degree (preferred) in a science-related or public-health related field;
- 1 year of post-degree relevant experience (preferred);
- Previous call center experience (desirable);
- Proficiency in a Windows-base platform with advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (required).
OTHER PROFESSIONAL SKILLS/LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet essential deadlines;
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language;
- Medical or public health related experience preferred;
- Excellent listening skills with an ability to simultaneously enter data is essential;
- A current, unrestricted driver’s licenses (required);
- Must be at least 21 years old at time of start;
- Ability to obtain a US Passport (required);
- A personal computer/laptop with internet access and a working mobile phone (preferred).
Remote Work Requirements
This position has opportunities for working remotely (teleworking) provided the following requirements are met:
- A demonstrated ability to proactively communicate and meet assigned reporting requirements;
- A demonstrated ability to maintain productivity with limited supervision;
- The ability to provide a secure, dedicated work space to ensure protection and privacy during sensitive communications; and,
- A personal computer with up-to-date antivirus protection and a personal mobile phone.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting, standing, and walking
- Bending, climbing, and stooping
- Long hours (up to 12-hour shifts) involving overtime and weekends as necessary
- Potential of 7 to 14 consecutive workdays
- Ability to read effectively from a computer screen and/or a paper copy
- Ability to handle a large volume of work and perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in an office environment or remotely from home or on-site location