Fixed Income Analyst Intern
Time Frame: Summer 2022
Work Location: Madison, WI
Hands on experience can set you apart in a competitive job market. Our formalized Internship Program is designed to lead college students down the path to a successful career in investment management. As an integral part of our high performing team, you will be in a position to apply what you have learned in the classroom and gain new skills in a dynamic and challenging professional setting.
This internship will be in Madison, WI and start June 2022 and run through August 2022 with the possibility of extending into the 2022-2023 school year. You will focus on project-driven work that has a direct impact on the investment portfolio along with being competitively paid.
Under the direction of the Managing Director, Credit Research, the Internship will involve working closely with the firm’s investment professionals in conducting fundamental, bottom up credit analysis on corporate bonds and structured securities. In addition, the internship will include top down macro research modeling securities, return characteristics and historical volatility.
· Pursuing an MBA in Finance.
· Passion for financial markets, with an interest in fixed income securities and credit research.
· Involvement in investment club or similar co-curricular activities.
· Sat or have the intent to sit for level 1 of the CFA exam.
· Financial statement analysis experience.
· Fixed income analysis experience.
· Excellent communication skills; verbal, written, and interpersonal.
· Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills.
· Ability to work independently and be a highly motivated team player.
· Working knowledge of corporate credit and structured securities analysis, would be a plus.
· Ability to work closely with senior analysts and portfolio managers to monitor current holdings and generate ideas for new potential investments.