The Inventory Analyst is responsible for scheduling and planning of production of manufactured items, while maintaining an optimal level of packaging supplies to meet schedule requirements. They will assist in maintaining a balance of inventory to effectively utilize the material, space, and dollars spent while meeting service needs at the Tipp City manufacturing plant.
- Production Planning/Scheduling
- Determine production requirements through utilization of the MRP system (SAP) to view customer demand, forecasts, safety stock and usage.
- Create production schedules; Ensure execution of plan through the entire process: from receiving to production to shipping.
- Coordinate new item numbers and new packaging with corporate contacts and customer to ensure on-time delivery.
- Inventory and Purchasing
- Create purchase orders and input inventory adjustments into the MRP system (SAP). Manage inventory levels to meet production requirements.
- Enter purchase orders for packaging and raw materials and place orders with vendors.
- Research and resolve discrepancies with raw materials, WIP, packaging, and finished goods.
- Communicate raw material needs to Materials Planner (backup Materials Planner as needed).
- Contact vendors regarding quality issues with packaging and raw materials.
- Team Member
- Participate and contribute to facility improvement teams and daily production meetings.
- Provide information and partake in S&OP meetings as needed.
- Communicate monthly production demand to supervisors.
- Bachelors Degree in Business;
- PC/Microsoft application knowledge;
- knowledge of manufacturing processes,
- SAP experience is a plus.