Business Development Intern
DAP is a leading manufacturer and supplier of home repair and construction products, including latex caulks, silicone sealants, contact cements, construction adhesives, glues, glazing, spackling, and other general patch and repair products. You’ll find DAP products in the hands of professional painters, remodelers, builders and do-it-yourselfers, and in 60,000 retail outlets, ranging from home centers and mass merchandisers to your local hardware and paint stores. DAP’s eight manufacturing and distribution facilities in the United States of America and Canada service North America and the world. The “DAP Stars” represent its 775 strong associates around the world which support its vision to produce and market America’s best home repair products. DAP has twice been voted one of “Baltimore’s Best Places to Work”! Learn more about DAP’s history, culture and benefits at www.dap.com/careers .
Intern’s Primary Project and/or Tasks: Focus will be supporting New Business Development through research and analysis.
- Internship would focus on New Business Development Market Research. The goal would be to obtain market data, market trends, competitive landscapes, distribution landscapes, estimated costing, margins and retails in a specific category targeted by the marketing team.
- Milestones would be set for review or presentation every two weeks pending availability of information.
- At the end of the internship the goal would be to present to DAP a recommended product strategy and commercialization plan for a specific category of focus.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Major: Marketing, Sales, Management, Analytics, Economics, General Business
- Completed Junior or Senior Year of College
- Skills: Experience business research projects, Microsoft Office, Group Presentations, Time Lines of Projects
- Attributes: strong verbal and written communication skills , organized, critical-thinking, problem solving, initiative, quick learner, team oriented, multi-task
Compensation: $15 per hour
Hours: M-F (35-40 hours)