POSITION: Consulting Utility Forester (Roaming)
POSITION LOCATIONS: Throughout California
DETAILS: 3-6 month project, 50 hour weeks, hotel and subsistence per diem 7 days per week, compensated flights
Davey Resource Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the employee owned Davey Tree Expert Company. We provide a wide range of natural resource, utility, GIS and remote sensing consulting services. Our job is to help our clients provide a safe and reliable power source through proper vegetation management practices.
Do you want a career working outdoors? The Davey Resource Group (DRG) is currently hiring certified arborists, professional foresters, horticulturalists, natural resource specialists, environmental scientists, landscape, nursery, tree care and parks and recreation professionals, plant and outdoor enthusiasts to join our workforce.
- Ability to travel and work throughout California (lodging and per diem provided)
- Work with major gas/electric utility system and address its forestry needs
- Inspect utility rights of ways and identify vegetation incompatible with state and federal regulations
- Collect and enter data on handheld devices, follow maps and use GPS navigation
- Communicate with landowners regarding work on or near their property
- Assess all terrain, habitat, and environmental conditions
- Coordinate with project managers, planners, and vegetation crews
- Embraces an outdoor and independent work environment
- Thrives on adaptation, continual learning and training and is detail oriented
- Possess knowledge of local tree species and species specific growth rates
- Has ability to work and hike in rugged terrain and inclement weather
- Is a great communicator and team player
- Has the ability to become an International Society of Arboriculture certified arborist within 18 months
- Two or four year degree in horticulture, forestry, urban forestry, environmental science or a related discipline
- Has 1 year or more of utility vegetation management experience or similar experience in a related field (tree work industry, landscape professional)
- Clean DMV driving record and ability to drive and operate a 4×4 vehicle on rough roads
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Company Vehicle/Fuel Card
- Company Phone
- Compensated Flights
- Subsistence Per Diem
- Over Time
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: DRG offers competitive wages based on qualifications and experience. Pre-employment drug screen and Social Security Number verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and DRG are Equal Opportunity Employers.
CONTACT: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit jobs.davey.com for additional job opportunities and company information.