The service manager is responsible for the overall operations of the service department, including employee and customer relations and workflow.
The Manager partners with the Area Service Manager on budget planning, P&L analysis, targeted business development within private sector, increasing opportunities with public safety agencies, building customer relationships, constructing customer quotes/proposals, project management, and other related activities.
The ideal candidate must be a positive and a motivated leader who is experienced in training, managing and mentoring staff, as well as being fully capable of ensuring the efficiency of technical operations. The candidate must also be able to identify new business opportunities, while ensuring the profitability of current activities.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
· Responsibility for managing a team of technical and administrative staff, and providing each with feedback and counsel when needed to improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
· Demonstrated success in building positive business relationships by meeting with customers, assisting with project planning, scheduling service, and providing excellent customer service.
· Experience and/or knowledge of how to install, maintain, and repair two-way radio communication systems, dispatch consoles, and/or wide area networks is a plus.
· Maximize current maintenance contracts and all other reoccurring revenue
· Producing quotes for service work, responding to RFP and RFQ’s and estimating time and cost to complete work requested.
· Financial responsibility for the service department including creating budgets, cost containment, inventory control, monitor overtime expenditures, growth and profitability.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills along with professional presentation and demeanor
· Ability to work outside of normal business hours as needed
· Conduct regular staff meetings to review weekly goals invoicing and service performance.
· Set and achieve goals, establish priorities, provide flexibility for customers, technicians, administration, invoicing and problem resolution.
Ideal candidate should have the following skills, experience and education:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
· Five (5) or more years of management experience.
· Skill sets include leadership, customer service, professional experience in managing resources, organization and planning, computer and good interpersonal skills.
· Ability to maintain a positive attitude, perform under pressure, be highly motivated, adaptable and dependable.
· EXPERIENCE WITH RF IS A BIG PLUS! as well as experience with BDA / DAS.