What is the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA)?
DCAA is a vital Department of Defense (DoD) Agency. Before an aircraft carrier sails out to sea for the first time, we’ve been on board. Before a medevac helicopter takes to the skies, we’ve seen it being made. We audit government contracts for supplies, equipment, and services that help our military service members and their missions succeed.
Enjoy all the benefits of working for DoD, DCAA, and the Federal Government:
· Competitive salaries and career advancement opportunities
· Unparalleled training from the Defense Contract Audit Institute and many professional and leadership development programs
· Commitment to work-life balance
· Flexible work hours and teleworking opportunities
· Generous leave, benefits, and retirement packages
· Reimbursement for job-related education and certifications
Qualifications: Applicants must be enrolled at a qualifying educational institution full time and completed one year of study. The required education must lead to a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field (accounting, auditing, business administration, economics, finance, or public administration) with a total of 24 or more semester hours in Accounting including up to 6 semester hours in Business Law.
Duties: Gathers background information for assigned audit areas. Assists in identifying and testing internal controls and performing other applicable audit tests to aid the audit team. Assists audit team with the compilation, arrangement and evaluation of data and preparation of audit working papers. Assists in maintaining appropriate audit administrative files, time control information and data. Examines and reviews accounting documents.