Apply online through 10/23/2021 at: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616221800
This is NOT a virtual position. Individuals selected for this opportunity will need to reside in the Limestone, ME commuting area prior to appointment.
The purpose of the position is to perform technical accounting and/or financial duties in a portion or segment of the assigned area.
Incumbent performs duties for the full range of accounts and types of transactions that support the day to day processing of a variety of accounting transactions.
Reviews source documents to determine correct actions to be taken.
Verifies the accuracy and completeness of data required for the source document, where applicable, the mathematical accuracy of the data provided.
Responds to questions from customers or co-workers regarding accounting data, discrepancies, and procedures.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S Citizen or National
- Registered for Selective Service (males born after 12-31-1959)Suitable for Federal employment
- Time after Competitive Appointment: Candidates must have served 3 months after latest competitive appointment in the Federal service.
- This national security position, which may require access to classified information, requires a favorable suitability review and security clearance as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain security eligibility may result in termination.
- Time in Grade Requirement – see the Qualifications field below for more details.
- Obtain/Maintain Financial Management Certification
- Pursuant to the Executive Order on Requiring COVID 19 Vaccination for Federal Employees, new DoD civilian employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19 prior to entry on duty, subject to such exceptions as required by law.
- More details regarding vaccine requirements can be found at https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/. Selected candidates will receive further information during the job offer process.
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-04) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as, performing duties that support the processing of financial/accounting transactions using standardized procedures that may include reviewing financial/accounting systems information/documents for accuracy/ completeness, inputting financial/accounting information into automated systems, or correcting invalid financial/accounting transactions.
Substitution of Education for Experience: Four years of successfully completed education above the high school level in any field for which high school graduation, or the equivalent, is a prerequisite may be substituted to meet the specialized experience required. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed post-high school education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements. If you are using education to substitute for the specialized experience, you must submit transcripts at the time you apply. To be creditable, education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university. You must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions that are recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html).
For more information on this opportunity or to apply visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616221800