Are you interested in making a positive difference in the lives of children and adults with developmental disabilities? Do you want to work somewhere where you KNOW you are making a difference every day?
If you answered YES, then consider joining our Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health team!
We are currently offering a $1,000 SIGN ON BONUS !! Brand new full time employees, or part time employees working 20 or more hours per week, will receive their bonus in two installments: $500 at the end of their 3 week paid orientation and another $500 after completing 90 days of employment.
Being a Classroom Aide has its Advantages
As a Classroom Aide at Devereux, you will work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need. We offer:
- Experience working in a classroom with low student to staff ratios.
- Opportunities to work with individuals with developmental disabilities and helping them to achieve their highest potential.
- Access to the Savi Student Loan Checkup tool to help you navigate the student loan system – quickly see your repayment plan options and discover potential savings!
- A rewarding experience helping individuals complete daily activities and achieving long term goals.
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health New York provides programs and services for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and dual diagnoses. Located in Mt. Kisco, NY, this position is responsible for assisting teacher and residential staff in planning and implementing instructional and residential programs for individual students. Ensuring the students’ welfare, safety, and location at all times, the Teacher Assistant will assist in establishing a classroom environment conductive to academic and social learning by helping to maintain order. They will guide students in socially appropriate behavior on and off campus and attempt to resolve student crises and/or contact the supervisor when assistance is needed.
To qualify, we require our One to One Aides to:
- Have a HS diploma/GED with one years of related experience. Bachelor degree or Associates degree with one (1) year of related experience preferred.
- Have a valid NY Drivers License.
- Be flexible, patient, energetic, creative, and have a sense of humor
- Have a strong passion for working with and helping children and adults with special needs.
- Devereux requires all individuals interviewing for a position involving contact with children to complete The Diana Screen, a screening that assesses a candidate’s understanding of appropriate boundaries between adults and children
Physical Requirements : Pre-employment physical required. Significant and frequent amounts of walking, sitting, stooping, bending & standing required. Frequent planned, outside activities causing exposure to sunlight and heat. Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate effectively by phone or in person at normal volumes. Vision adequate to read correspondence, computer screen, forms, etc. Good manual dexterity.