At Dewzi, we solve the problem of single-use plastic and harsh chemicals in daily personal care essentials by creating slim, travel-ready, reusable alternatives. Our first product is a slim, travel-ready refillable dispenser that fits a cleanser, moisturizer, and towelettes — all in a pocket. We exist to empower and simplify your beauty and skincare routine wherever you go.
Our Core Values
Growth Mindset: Value lifelong learning. Embrace feedback and being wrong when presented with data that shows there is a better option. Continue to grow through hard work and perseverance.
Honesty: Deliver the truth with humor and love; Recognize and stand up against discrimination on any basis, including race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious background, age, or mental and physical abilities – in our work and beyond.
Gratitude: All relationships are looked at as long-term relationships. At Dewzi, we are grateful to be included in others’ journeys – whether it be customers, partners, investors, or teammates. We show deep gratitude and optimize for trust.
Be Different: Kill your darlings. Don’t be afraid to rewrite something once effective, loved, or widely accepted in the past. Evolution is wonderful. Push against banality and the status quo.
What You Would Be Doing
Join a small (and quickly growing) remote startup team! This is a part-time to a full-time intern position where you will learn behind-the-scenes of a fast-growing direct-to-consumer brand. Weekly meetings with the founder and social media assistants would take place.
There will be a mix of creative strategy and content execution, and ongoing work related to social and community engagement:
Creative Strategy & Content Execution:
- Create plans and strategies for all social media aspects of campaigns to extend messaging across platforms
- Identify best practices for platforms and build strategies for new platforms for the brand
- Pitch engaging and shareable content ideas on a regular basis and produce content to create more social-first content for new users and existing users
- Ensure that all social posts are aligned with our brand voice
- Bring your ideas to the table where Dewzi can stand out
- Engage Facebook community by monitoring and responding to conversion threads about Dewzi in line with the brand voice
- Host sustainability and wellness-related conversations that extend beyond the products and the brand that engages people’s experiences with their wellness journey.
- Host virtual get together or roundtables to make community members know each other and facilitate connections over video to spark conversations
- Spend time in the community and show up with people in the way they want people to show up
- Lead proactive outreach and engagement efforts on social, including identifying surprise and delight opportunities for Dewzi community
- Create and manage social giveaways and promotions, including monitoring entries, updating rules and regulations, and shipping prizes
- Share relevant information, updates, education and BTS with Dewzi community to foster engagement and feedback for new product development
- Make Dewzi’s Instagram, Tiktok and Pinterest a fun, engaging and creative platform
Who you are:
- 1-2 years of experience (can include internships) in social media, community management, or content creation at an ecommerce or CPG company
- Strong interest in social and understanding of the platforms (i.e. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, Pinterest)
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Ability to easily multi-task, prioritize and think creatively
- Experience with photography and photo editing a plus
- Experience in building scalable social content, campaigns, and/or channels that clearly communicate the brand story.
- Strong ability to analyze leverage data for impact and report on metrics to the team
- Ability to manage multiple projects with ease and react to changing business needs
- Positive attitude that loves to collaborate cross-functionally
Extra carrots 🥕 (preferred, but not required):
- Direct-to-consumer industry experience
- Health & wellness, skincare, or beauty experience
- Retail marketing experience
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, portfolio and links to your Instagram to apply.