This is an unpaid internship. The Ad Designer Intern will receive training and guidance as you learn about visual communications and graphic design within the technology services industry. The primary function of an Ad designer is to produce ads for the company. They will work closely with the team to convey a message using type, photography, illustration and color. It’s a great opportunity for individuals who want to develop leadership, sales and communication skills in a friendly, fast-paced and highly supportive environment.
WHO ARE WE:
Our team’s digital inventiveness and mobile location expertise creates brand stories that produce results. We are seasoned professionals who have worked in marketing, technology, mobile, and beyond. Our skills include Micro-fencing, mobile strategy, data analytics, and more.
THIS POSITION WILL ENTAIL:
The length of the internship is 6 to 9 months with the possibility of a full-time position based on performance, job requirements, and availability of the selected candidate.
- Create ads and marketing materials for Digital Factory
- Refine images, fonts and layouts using graphic design softwares
- Generate ideas to portray concepts and advertise products/services
- Ideate and create ongoing digital content client campaigns; including, but not limited to: social media graphic design, animation/motion design, web design / UI design, and layout for pitch / strategic pieces
- Assist in quality assurance and brand alignment for all marketing materials
- Work with diverse personalities across the firm in an incredibly fast-paced environment
- Establish the look and aesthetics for various interfaces, including social media, websites, mobile devices and apps
- Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce a brand’s style or voice through its visual touchpoints
- Work on email marketing items, presentation materials and interactive event materials
- Collaborate with various disciplines within the business in order to create transformative, engaging and compelling product visuals that enhances the brand
- Develop graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites
DESIRED SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS:
Multiple positions are available.
- Good typography skills
- Excellent written, visual and verbal communication
- Hands-on experience with image editing software, like Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colors, fonts and layouts, having high attention to detail and a creative eye in color and typography
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously in a high-pressure environment under strict time constraints
- Energetic self-start with ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team and at times work autonomously
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Portfolio or sample of completed design projects
- Current or recent enrollment in Design, Visual Arts, or related bachelor’s degree program
- Prior experience with start-ups is a plus
- Ideally, candidates should have related prior internship/ work experience
- Proven 6 months work experience as a Designer, Graphic Designer or similar role
- Availability to attend daily working sessions from 9:00 AM- 5:00 PM CST, Monday- Thursday (4 Hours Collaboration and 4 Hours Independent)
Digital Factory is an Equal Opportunity Employer