This is an unpaid internship. The primary function of Blog Writer is to write, edit, post, and promote the content. Blog Writers will generate and pitch ideas, compose and edit posts, and conduct research. It’s a great opportunity for individuals who want to develop leadership, sales and communication skills in a friendly, fast-paced and highly supportive environment.
WHO ARE WE:
Our team’s digital inventiveness and mobile location expertise creates brand stories that produce results. We are seasoned professionals who have worked in marketing, technology, mobile, and beyond. Our skills include Micro-fencing, mobile strategy, data analytics, and more.
THIS POSITION WILL ENTAIL:
The length of the internship is 6 to 9 months with the possibility of a full-time position based on performance, job requirements, and availability of the selected candidate.
- Develop related content for multiple platforms, such as websites, email marketing, product descriptions, videos, and blogs
- Proofread and edit blog posts before publication
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Conducting in-depth research on industry-related topics in order to develop original content
- Ensure all daily content is optimized for search and relevant SEO
- Any other duties as assigned based on company needs and Intern’s strengths/interests
- Help build inbound organic search traffic and improve search engine results pages
DESIRED SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS:
Multiple positions are available.
- Proficiency with computers, especially writing programs, such as Google Docs and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Proven content writing or copywriting experience
- Energetic self-starter, with ability to work independently with little or no daily supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with colleagues, and management
- Passionate about the digital, tech and mobile space
- Problem-solving, strong initiative, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Reliable and detail-oriented
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Current or recent enrollment in Communications, Marketing, English, Journalism, or related bachelor’s degree program
- Prior experience with start-ups is a plus
- Portfolio or sample of completed related projects
- Proven 6 months work experience as the related field
- Ideally, candidates should have related prior internship/ work experience
- Availability to attend daily working sessions from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM CST, Monday – Thursday (4 Hours Collaboration/4 Hours Independent)
Digital Factory is an Equal Opportunity Employer