This is an unpaid internship. We are looking for a passionate individual who is inquisitive, articulate, and technically-minded with keen business instinct and exceptional interpersonal skills. A successful Business Analyst at Digital Factory will have the ability to transform data into meaningful information and presentable analytics and to transform analytics into actionable language that guides business decisions. The Business Analyst is an integral member of our analytics team which plays an advisory role to various departments explaining to them why business figures are the way they are, providing root cause analysis, and finally suggesting ways for improvement. The Business Analyst position acts to support the advisory processes of the analytics team by collecting, analyzing, and presenting organizational data.
WHO ARE WE:
Our team’s digital inventiveness and mobile location expertise creates brand stories that produce results. We are seasoned professionals who have worked in marketing, technology, mobile, and beyond. Our skills include Micro-fencing, mobile strategy, data analytics, and more.
THIS POSITION WILL ENTAIL:
The length of the internship is 6 to 9 months with the possibility of a full-time position based on performance, job requirements, and availability of the selected candidate.
- Creating detailed business analyses including outlining problems, identifying opportunities, and proposing solutions to achieve organizational goals
- Analyzing organizational data and identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts that explain the data
- Synthesizing findings from analyses of organizational data and creating data-based verbal/written recommendations to upper management
- Communicating with customers, competitors, suppliers, professional organizations, and others to maintain familiarity with related industry or business trends
- Composing presentations using communications technology including PowerPoint, speaking articulately, and engaging audience presentations
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships with a wide range of teams, including Senior Management and the Operations team(s)
DESIRED SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS:
Multiple positions are available.
- Proven presentation skills, and proficiency in the use of Microsoft PowerPoint to present data-based reports
- General proficiency in computer technology and various Microsoft Office applications
- Systems analysis skills – determining the ideal state of a functioning system and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect system outcomes
- Time Management skills
- Ability to speak clearly and express complex ideas orally
- Proven problem-solving and deductive reasoning skills
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field including, but not limited to Accounting, Finance, or Information Technology
- Current Graduate Student in a related field including but not limited to Accounting, Business, Finance, or Information Technology
- Experience in Product Management or Systems/Business Analysis
- Previous experience related to data collection, analysis, and reporting
- 1 or more years of experience in a B2B role with a focus on client success, technical support, or product support (B2C experience is a plus)
- Experience leading and developing high-performing teams
Digital Factory is an Equal Opportunity Employer