Position Title: Chief Data Analyst Unpaid Internship
This is an unpaid internship. We are looking for an experienced Data Analyst that will work with the Research/Development teams to provide insights into mobile data captured and translate those into recommendations for our Digital Marketing team and clients. The scientist will also work with the engineering teams to drive the development of predictive analytics software enhancements to automate the processing of captured data, generate recommendations and produce reports. These tools will be used by businesses and brands to further understand and influence the way consumers interact with their mobile apps. Previous experience and/or proven interest in artificial intelligence, machine learning, data mining, natural language processing, predictive analysis are desired. Strong communication and interpersonal skills will also be critical to your success.
The length of the internship is 9-12 months with the possibility of an extension based on performance, job requirements, and availability of the selected candidate.
Who We Are: Our team’s digital inventiveness and mobile location expertise creates brand stories that produce results. We are seasoned professionals who have worked in marketing, technology, mobile, and beyond. Our skills include Micro-fencing, mobile strategy, data analytics, and more.
This Position Will Entail:
● Work with Digital Marketing/Sales team to engage clients and understand the business requirements and goals
● Lead the developments of tools to collect, validate, manipulate and perform exploratory data analysis tasks on analytical data sets.
● Lead the development of machine learning, predictive analytics models and advanced recommender systems.
● Communicate newly discovered insights based on analysis to the clients in a manner that they can leverage in their business.
● Identifies and addresses expected and unforeseen data issues to ensure the accuracy of analytics, ensuring any resulting business decisions are made from accurate findings. In addition, the analyst will work with the data owners/stewards to improve data quality where possible
● Collaborates effectively inter- and intra-departmentally to assist team in reaching desired outcomes
Desired Skills Qualifications
● 3+ years of experience in statistical modeling and machine learning algorithms
● 2+ years of people management
● Experience solving real problems using data mining techniques and with statistical rigor
● Masters, Ph.D. or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (computer science, physics, mathematics, engineering, bioinformatics.)
● Strong technical skills regarding data analysis, machine learning, and programming
● Strong working knowledge of, Python, Hadoop, SQL, and/or R
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to lead in projects and work as a team
● Ability to extract internal customer’s requirements while assessing if the requested criteria will lead to the expected outcome.
● Ability to complete projects on or ahead of schedule
● Demonstrated ability to think and work independently
● Ability to maintain confidentiality
● Prior experience with standard ML models: Logistic Regression, Support Vector Machines, Neural Networks, and Hidden Markov Models
● Experience implementing a real-world Recommender or Ranking system
● Worked with the Hadoop Ecosystem
● Implemented multi-core/distributed software, preferably in a Linux environment
● Experience working with Amazon Web Services
Digital Factory is an Equal Opportunity Employer