Position Title: Data Analyst – Unpaid Internship
This is an unpaid internship. We are looking for an experienced Data Analyst that will work with the Research/Development teams to provide insights into mobile data captured and translate those into recommendations for our Digital Marketing team and clients. The scientist will also work with the engineering teams to drive the development of predictive analytics software enhancements to automate the processing of captured data, generate recommendations and produce reports. These tools will be used by businesses and brands to further understand and influence the way consumers interact with their mobile apps. Previous experience and/or proven interest in artificial intelligence, machine learning, data mining, natural language processing, predictive analysis are desired. Strong communication and interpersonal skills will also be critical to your success.
The length of the internship is 9-12 months with the possibility of an extension based on performance, job requirements, and availability of the selected candidate.
Who We Are: Digital Factory is a mobile ad-tech company with patented micro-fencing™ technology that can be integrated into a brand’s mobile app. Digital Factory’s micro-fencing™ delivers real value to customers wherever they are located. Our team’s digital inventiveness and mobile location expertise creates brand stories that produce results. We are seasoned professionals who have worked in marketing, technology, mobile and beyond.
This Position Will Entail:
● Collect, validate, manipulate and perform exploratory data analysis tasks on analytical data sets.
● Develop predictive analytics models and advanced recommender systems.
● Communicate newly discovered insights based on analysis to the team.
Required Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities
● Strong technical skills regarding data analysis, machine learning, and programming
● Strong working knowledge of, Python, Hadoop, SQL, and/or R
● Excellent communication skills: the ability to convey complex analysis results clearly and with conviction to all levels of stakeholders
Required Education and Work Experience
● 1 – 2 years of experience in statistical modeling and machine learning algorithms
● Experience solving real problems using data mining techniques and with statistical rigor.
● Bachelors, Masters, Ph.D. or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (computer science, physics, mathematics, engineering, bioinformatics.)
● Prior experience with standard ML models: Logistic Regression, Support Vector Machines, Neural Networks, and Hidden Markov Models
● Experience implementing a real-world Recommender or Ranking system
● Worked with the Hadoop Ecosystem
● Implemented multi-core/distributed software, preferably in a Linux environment
● Experience working with Amazon Web Services
Digital Factory is an Equal Opportunity Employer.