Position Title: Data Scientist – Unpaid Internship
This is an unpaid internship. The data scientist will work with our IT team to process the data to deliver insight that is meaningful and relevant to the client’s brand. Furthermore they will assist the team in developing calculations and algorithms necessary to help create a profile of consumers as they go about their day to day life.
The length of the internship is 9-12 months with the possibility of an extension based on performance, job requirements, and availability of the selected candidate.
Who We Are: Our team’s digital inventiveness and mobile location expertise creates brand stories that produce results. We are seasoned professionals who have worked in marketing, technology, mobile, and beyond. Our skills include Micro-fencing, mobile strategy, data analytics, and more.
This Position Will Entail:
● Work within the team to understand the business requirements and goals.
● Collect, validate, manipulate and perform exploratory data analysis tasks on analytical data sets.
● Develop predictive analytics models and advanced recommender systems.
● Communicate newly discovered insights based on analysis to the team in a manner that they can leverage in their business.
● Conducts statistical analyses to develop strategies
● Builds predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
● Identifies data patterns and trends
● Proposes solutions and strategies to business challenges
● Interprets data and analyze results using analytics, machine learning techniques, and statistical inference.
● Documents all processes and research.
Desired Skills Qualifications
● Bachelor’s/ Masters/Ph.D degree in statistics, computer science, mathematics, or another highly quantitative field.
● 2-3 years of experience in statistical modeling and machine learning algorithms
● Experience in applying machine learning for pattern recognition
● Strong technical skills regarding data analysis, machine learning, and programming
● Strong working knowledge of Python, Java, SQL, and/or R
● Problem solving aptitude
● Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
● Excellent communication skills
● Prior experience with standard ML models: Logistic Regression, Support Vector Machines, Neural Networks, and Hidden Markov Models
Digital Factory is an Equal Opportunity Employer