Position Title: Database Administrator – Unpaid Internship
This is an unpaid internship. The Database Administrator will be responsible for designing, maintaining, and effectively utilizing databases to support business objectives. The Database Administrator is also expected to interpret and present databases to relevant individuals.
The length of the internship is 9-12 months with the possibility of an extension based on performance, job requirements, and availability of the selected candidate.
Who We Are: Digital Factory is a mobile ad-tech company with patented micro-fencing™ technology that can be integrated into a brand’s mobile app. Digital Factory’s micro-fencing™ delivers real value to customers wherever they are located. Our team’s digital inventiveness and mobile location expertise creates brand stories that produce results. We are seasoned professionals who have worked in marketing, technology, mobile and beyond.
This Position Will Entail:
● Design databases to support business applications, ensuring system scalability, security, performance and reliability
● Develop database architectural strategies at the modeling, design and implementation stages to address business or industry requirements
● Set up, backup, or recovery processes
● Demonstrate database technical functionality, such as performance, security and reliability
● Identify, evaluate and recommend hardware or software technologies to achieve desired database performance
● Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations
● Ensure that data remains consistent across the database.
Required Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities
● Critical thinking skills
● Excellent Problem-solving skills
● Great Communication skills
Required Education and Work Experience
● Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field
● Experience with large custom software deployments required
● Healthcare experience is a large plus
Digital Factory is an Equal Opportunity Employer.