This is an unpaid internship. The DevOps Engineer will work with a team in the creation of CI pipelines that test and deploy backend web servers, API servers, analytics dashboards, and mobile applications for internal and external client stakeholders. The engineer will work with the CTO/Solution Architect, developers, and product owners to understand and document requirements and decide on the best solutions. The engineer will also be expected to provide technical support and mentorship to the junior team members to facilitate skill development.
WHO ARE WE:
Our team’s digital inventiveness and mobile location expertise creates brand stories that produce results. We are seasoned professionals who have worked in marketing, technology, mobile, and beyond. Our skills include Micro-fencing, mobile strategy, data analytics, and more.
THIS POSITION WILL ENTAIL:
The length of the internship is 6 to 9 months with the possibility of a full-time position based on performance, job requirements, and availability of the selected candidate.
- Responsible for supporting the users of the infrastructure
- Developing the first line of defense is protecting the cloud against hackers and viruses
- Build secure software from the start
- Perform activities like design, develop, test and release software to consumers
- Establish Reliable IT troubleshooting techniques
- Design and maintain Consistent internal and external methods for improved automation
DESIRED SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS:
Multiple positions are available.
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to convey complex analysis clearly and with conviction to all levels of stakeholders
- Experience with SQL & noSQL databases, unit testing, integration testing, bash scripting, Docker, docker-compose
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Ansible or others
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, Bioinformatics, etc.)
- Prior start-up experience
- An appreciation for TDD, a strong understanding of the common challenges associated with cloud data storage, access, and management
- Understanding of the role of Machine learning and statistical modeling in product development
- Strong technical skills in data analysis, machine learning and programming. Strong working knowledge of Python, Hadoop, SQL
Digital Factory is an Equal Opportunity Employer