Position Title: iOS Mobile Developer – Unpaid Internship
This is an unpaid internship. The iOS Mobile Developer will work in the creation of iOS software enhancements and mobile applications for internal and external client stakeholders. The engineer will work with the CTO/Solution Architect and project stakeholders to understand the problem/requirements, architect the solution and drive the solution through the SDLC. The engineer will also be expected to provide technical support and mentorship to the junior team members to facilitate skill development.
The length of the internship is 9-12 months with the possibility of an extension based on performance, job requirements, and availability of the selected candidate.
Who We Are: Digital Factory is a mobile ad-tech company with patented micro-fencing™ technology that can be integrated into a brand’s mobile app. Digital Factory’s micro-fencing™ delivers real value to customers wherever they are located. Our team’s digital inventiveness and mobile location expertise creates brand stories that produce results. We are seasoned professionals who have worked in marketing, technology, mobile and beyond.
This Position Will Entail:
- Take part in the design, development, and maintenance of an advanced mobile geolocation library.
- Recommend technology, process, tool, and frameworks improvements to efficiently deliver software
- BLE input and NFC input to deliver hyper-relevant information to users
Required Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to delegate tasks throughout a group or team
- Strong mind for robust code design
- Familiarity with tools such as GIT, Slack, Wrike
- Functional understanding of SCRUM or Agile development environment
- Solid foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for embedded systems
Required Education and Work Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years of programming experience in Objective C and iOS Development
- Has or is working to complete a Master’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with a start-up is a plus
- Demonstrable understanding of common challenges with mobile/embedded devices, including power management, resource optimization and wireless network reliability
- Bluetooth and NFC application development experience
Digital Factory is an Equal Opportunity Employer.