Position Title: IT Manager – Android – Unpaid Internship
This is an unpaid internship. We are looking for an experienced IT Manager for Android to lead the architecture, design, development, and testing of core enhancements to an advanced mobile geolocation library. This library will enable any Android app to easily leverage a user’s location, BLE input and NFC input to deliver hyper-relevant information to users. In addition to the below requirements, strong team, communication, and interpersonal skills are also required.
The length of the internship is 9-12 months with the possibility of an extension based on performance, job requirements, and availability of the selected candidate.
Who We Are: Digital Factory is a mobile ad-tech company with patented micro-fencing™ technology that can be integrated into a brand’s mobile app. Digital Factory’s micro-fencing™ delivers real value to customers wherever they are located. Our team’s digital inventiveness and mobile location expertise creates brand stories that produce results. We are seasoned professionals who have worked in marketing, technology, mobile and beyond.
This Position Will Entail:
● Lead the design, development, and testing of core enhancements to an advanced mobile geolocation library
● Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
● Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
● Work with outside data sources and APIs
● Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
● Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
● Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
Required Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Basic proficiency with Git
● Significant experience with development in Java
● Solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for embedded systems
● A strong understanding of the common challenges with mobile/embedded devices including power management, resource optimization, and wireless network readability
Required Education and Work Experience
● BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
● At least 2 years of professional experience in Java programming and Android mobile application development
● Experience in building Android libraries and demonstrable proficiency/mastery of the Android Platform architecture, the Gradle build system, the use of ProGuard and the UI, Animation, Graphics, Location and Sensors, and Connectivity APIs
● Experience with popular frameworks such as Google Play services, Firebase and native Android geolocation APIs
● Understanding of RESTful APIs and experience with Linux and Bash Command Line Interface
Digital Factory is an Equal Opportunity Employer.