Position Title: Network Engineer – Unpaid Internship
This is an unpaid internship. The Network Engineer will provide technical support and ensure the whole company runs smoothly. The Network Engineer monitors and maintains the company computer systems, installs, and configures hardware and software, and solves technical issues as they arise.
The length of the internship is 9-12 months with the possibility of an extension based on performance, job requirements, and availability of the selected candidate.
Who We Are: Digital Factory is a mobile ad-tech company with patented micro-fencing™ technology that can be integrated into a brand’s mobile app. Digital Factory’s micro-fencing™ delivers real value to customers wherever they are located. Our team’s digital inventiveness and mobile location expertise creates brand stories that produce results. We are seasoned professionals who have worked in marketing, technology, mobile and beyond.
This Position Will Entail:
● Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners.
● Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
● Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests.
● Providing technical support across the company.
● Setting up accounts for new users.
● Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary.
● Testing new technology.
Required Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities
● Basic understanding of computer systems, hardware and software platforms.
● Communication, Interpersonal, Problem-solving, Punctuality, Critical Thinking,
● A technical, logical thought process as well as an ability to stick to strict deadlines ● An ability to prioritize and delegate and a keen eye for detail
Required Education and Work Experience
● High School Diploma or GED
● 2 years of education beyond high school in college or technical school
● 0-2 years of professional experience in positions similar to customer support and IT help positions.
● Problem solving: you need to be able to determine why hardware or software is not working properly.
● Research & Analysis: On occasion, we will need to assess new software platforms. We will need to do research to understand if we need it.
● Computer Proficiency: Being the Network Engineer, you will need to be proficient in all of these areas.
● Technical Expertise: someone who has basic knowledge of IT hardware and software.
Digital Factory is an Equal Opportunity Employer.