This is an unpaid internship. The Mobile Developers will work with a team in the creation of Android and iOS software enhancements and mobile applications for internal and external client stakeholders. The engineer will work with the CPO and project stakeholders to understand the problem/requirements, architect the solution and drive the solution through the SDLC.
WHO ARE WE:
Our team’s digital inventiveness and mobile location expertise creates brand stories that produce results. We are seasoned professionals who have worked in marketing, technology, mobile, and beyond. Our skills include Micro-fencing, mobile strategy, data analytics, and more.
THIS POSITION WILL ENTAIL:
The length of the internship is 6 – 9 months with the possibility of an extension based on performance, job requirements, and availability of the selected candidate.
- Lead the architecture, design, development, and testing of core enhancements to an advanced mobile geolocation library
- Ensure any Android app can easily leverage a user’s location, BLE input and NFC input to deliver hyper-relevant information to users
- Strong sense of team-work, communication, and interpersonal skills are also required
DESIRED SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS:
Multiple positions are available.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic proficiency with Git
- Significant experience with development in Java
- Solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for embedded systems
- A strong understanding of the common challenges with mobile/embedded devices including power management, resource optimization, and wireless network readability
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- At least 2 years of professional experience in Java programming and Android mobile application development
- Experience in building Android libraries and demonstrable proficiency/mastery of the Android Platform architecture, the Gradle build system, the use of ProGuard and the UI, Animation, Graphics, Location and Sensors, and Connectivity APIs
- Experience with popular frameworks such as Google Play services, Firebase and native Android geolocation APIs
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and experience with Linux and Bash Command Line Interface
Digital Factory is an Equal Opportunity Employer