Position Title: Android Mobile Developer – Unpaid Internship
This is an unpaid internship. The Android Mobile Developer will work with a team in the creation of Android software enhancements and mobile applications for internal and external client stakeholders. The engineer will work with the CTO/Solution Architect and project stakeholders to understand the problem/requirements, architect the solution and drive the solution through the SDLC. The engineer will also be expected to provide technical support and mentorship to the junior team members to facilitate skill development.
The length of the internship is 9-12 months with the possibility of an extension based on performance, job requirements, and availability of the selected candidate.
Who We Are: Digital Factory is a mobile ad-tech company with patented micro-fencing™ technology that can be integrated into a brand’s mobile app. Digital Factory’s micro-fencing™ delivers real value to customers wherever they are located. Our team’s digital inventiveness and mobile location expertise creates brand stories that produce results. We are seasoned professionals who have worked in marketing, technology, mobile and beyond.
This Position Will Entail:
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
Required Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities
- Strong technical skills in data analysis, machine learning and programming. Strong working knowledge of Python, Hadoop, SQL, and/or R
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to convey complex analysis clearly and with conviction to all levels of stakeholders
- The skill to design and develop Android applications
- The skill to track and document your work, record time, communicate results in accordance with some Project Management tool ( Wrike, Jira, etc… )
Required Education and Work Experience
- Masters or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (computer science, physics, mathematics, engineering, bioinformatics, etc.)
- Experience in building Android libraries and demonstrable a clear understanding of the Android Platform architecture, the Gradle build system, ProGuard, UI & architectural patterns, Animation, Location services and REST APIs
- Experience in statistical modeling and machine learning algorithms
- Experience solving real problems using data mining techniques and with statistical rigor
- Experience in the server-side development of REST APIs
- Furthermore, an appreciation for TDD, a strong understanding of the common challenges with mobile/embedded devices including power management, resource optimization is desired
- Experience in popular frameworks such as Google Play services and Firebase
- Prior start-up experience
Digital Factory is an Equal Opportunity Employer.