Position Title: Mobile Developer – Unpaid Internship
This is an unpaid internship. The Mobile Developer will work with a team in the creation of Android and iOS software enhancements and mobile applications for internal and external client stakeholders. The engineer will work with the CPO and project stakeholders to understand the problem/requirements, architect the solution and drive the solution through the SDLC.
The length of the internship is 9-12 months with the possibility of an extension based on performance, job requirements, and availability of the selected candidate.
Who We Are: Digital Factory is a mobile ad-tech company with patented micro-fencing™ technology that can be integrated into a brand’s mobile app. Digital Factory’s micro-fencing™ delivers real value to customers wherever they are located. Our team’s digital inventiveness and mobile location expertise creates brand stories that produce results. We are seasoned professionals who have worked in marketing, technology, mobile and beyond.
This Position Will Entail:
● Identify and plan for new features.
● Develop application programming interfaces (APIs) to support mobile functionality.
● Remain up to date with the terminology, concepts and best practices for coding mobile apps.
● Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions.
● Work closely with colleagues to constantly innovate app functionality and design.
● Communicate with users to understand their needs and experiences.
Required Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities
● Knowledge of iOS back-end services.
● Knowledge of Apple’s design principles and application interface guidelines.
● Proficient in code versioning tools including Git.
● Familiarity with push notifications, APIs, and cloud messaging.
● Experience with continuous integration.
● The skill to track and document your work, record time, communicate results in accordance with some Project Management tool.
● Prior Startup experience.
● Good communication skills – written and verbal.
● Solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for embedded systems.
● A strong understanding of the common challenges with mobile/embedded devices including power management, resource optimization, and wireless network readability.
Required Education and Work Experience
● BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
● 1-2 years of professional experience in programming and mobile application development.
● Experience in building Android libraries and demonstrates a clear understanding of the Android Platform architecture, the Gradle build system, ProGuard, UI & architectural patterns, Animation, Location services and REST APIs.
● Experience in popular frameworks such as App Store, Google play services and Firebase.
Digital Factory is an Equal Opportunity Employer.