Position Title: Senior Web Developer – Unpaid Internship
This is an unpaid internship. The Senior Web Developer is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to given specifications. Strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation. This role also entails some supervisory responsibilities.
The length of the internship is 9-12 months with the possibility of an extension based on performance, job requirements, and availability of the selected candidate.
Who We Are: Digital Factory is a mobile ad-tech company with patented micro-fencing™ technology that can be integrated into a brand’s mobile app. Digital Factory’s micro-fencing™ delivers real value to customers wherever they are located. Our team’s digital inventiveness and mobile location expertise creates brand stories that produce results. We are seasoned professionals who have worked in marketing, technology, mobile and beyond.
This Position Will Entail:
- Take ownership of the designs of the overall web architecture for Digital Factory.
- Write testing frameworks and perform validation testing on your designs.
- Plans, develops, and maintains UI/UX code customizations across all environments.
- Works heavily with the Marketing team and Analysts to make sure the company websites are up-to-date.
- Manage and train a team of web developers.
Required Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities
- 3+ years of object-oriented design and implementation experience, data structures, and problem solving
- 2+ years of experience in people management
- Experience working with Python, Flask webservices
- Experience in Ruby language
- Excellent communication skills with clients and team members
- Experience with tight-turnaround times
- Ability to handle multiple projects and collaborate with clients and other departments
- Ability to motivate others
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline-driven atmosphere
Required Education and Work Experience
- Associate’s degree and above (BS or MS) in Computer Science, IT or any related field.
- At least 3-4 years of experience in web development and coding.
Digital Factory is an Equal Opportunity Employer.