This is an unpaid internship. The Social Media Post Writer Intern will receive guidance from our marketing team with over 75 years combined experience. The primary function of the Social Media Post Writer is to write, edit and publish engaging content for various social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn. It’s a great opportunity for individuals who want to develop leadership, sales and communication skills in a friendly, fast-paced and highly supportive environment.
WHO ARE WE:
Our team’s digital inventiveness and mobile location expertise creates brand stories that produce results. We are seasoned professionals who have worked in marketing, technology, mobile, and beyond. Our skills include Micro-fencing, mobile strategy, data analytics, and more.
THIS POSITION WILL ENTAIL:
The length of the internship is 6 to 9 months with the possibility of a full-time position based on performance, job requirements, and availability of the selected candidate.
- Plan social content and maintain the content calendar ensuring social media content is regular, relevant and engaging – this includes written content
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Optimize social media posts (language, tone, message) based on audience’s behaviors
- Respond to questions and comments on our social media pages in a timely and accurate manner
- Any other duties as assigned based on company needs and Intern’s strengths/interests
DESIRED SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS:
Multiple positions are available.
- Ability to create, test and evaluate content for social and understand what drives the engagement.
- Energetic self-starter, self-motivated with an ability to take initiative in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication, alongside editing
- Structured and strategic thinker who can work well in a small team and independently
- Problem-solving, critical thinking, analytical skills, reliable and detail-oriented
- Passionate about the digital, tech and mobile space
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet applications with strong concentration on Microsoft Office (or Mac Platform) and social media platforms
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Current or recent enrollment in a Business, Public Relations, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, English, Journalism or related degree program
- Portfolio or sample of completed related projects
- Ideally, candidates should have related prior internship/ work experience
- Links to personal and/or brand social media handles that you’ve managed
- Prior experience with Start-ups is a plus
- Preferred 6 months work experience in the related field
- Availability to attend daily working sessions from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM CST, Monday – Thursday (4 Hours Collaboration/4 Hours Independent)
Digital Factory is an Equal Opportunity Employer