Position Title: SDE-Backend – Unpaid Internship
This is an unpaid internship. The Software Development Engineer (Backend) will work with a team in the creation of backend web server and API Development, analytics dashboards, and mobile applications for internal and external client stakeholders. The engineer will work with the CTO/Solution Architect and project stakeholders to understand the problem/requirements, architect the solution and drive the solution through the SDLC. The engineer will also be expected to provide technical support and mentorship to the junior team members to facilitate skill development.
The length of the internship is 9-12 months with the possibility of an extension based on performance, job requirements, and availability of the selected candidate.
Who We Are: Digital Factory is a mobile ad-tech company with patented micro-fencing™ technology that can be integrated into a brand’s mobile app. Digital Factory’s micro-fencing™ delivers real value to customers wherever they are located. Our team’s digital inventiveness and mobile location expertise creates brand stories that produce results. We are seasoned professionals who have worked in marketing, technology, mobile and beyond.
This Position Will Entail:
● Routinely inspect server code for speed optimization.
● Conceptualize and implement solutions for data storage.
● Keep a backup library before any large changes to the server.
● Responsible for server-side web application logic.
● Integrate and work with front-end developers and UX/UI Designers.
● Write the web services and APIs used by front-end developers and mobile developers.
Required Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities
● Understanding of the role of Machine learning and statistical modeling in product development
● Experience tracking and documenting your work, recording time, communicating results in accordance with some Project Management tool ( Wrike, Jira, etc… )
● Strong technical skills in data analysis, machine learning and programming. Strong working knowledge of Python, Hadoop, SQL
● Excellent communication skills; the ability to convey complex analysis clearly and with conviction to all levels of stakeholders
Required Education and Work Experience
● Masters or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (computer science, physics, mathematics, engineering, bioinformatics, etc.)
● Experience with SQL & noSQL databases, unit testing, integration testing, bash scripting, Docker, docker-compose
● Experience in the server-side development of APIs(REST/SOAP) and Python Frameworks(Flask/Django).
● An appreciation for TDD, a strong understanding of the common challenges associated with cloud data storage, access, and management
● Experience with devops tools such as Jenkins
● Prior start-up experience
Digital Factory is an Equal Opportunity Employer.