Position Title: Software Development Engineer Manager – Unpaid Internship
This is an unpaid internship. Digital Factory is searching for a passionate individual with an entrepreneurial mindset who is ready to lead. As a Software Development Engineer Manager, you will be responsible for hiring and leading a team of engineers responsible for building high performing, fluid applications that interact with distributed cloud-hosted systems. A successful candidate will have an established background with strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills and a proven track record of developing and mentoring software engineers.
In this position, you will partner with product managers, project managers, and other internal partners. This role will start off with an equity-based compensation package, as we grow this position will develop into a salaried position.
The length of the internship is 9-12 months with the possibility of an extension based on performance, job requirements, and availability of the selected candidate.
Who We Are: Digital Factory is a mobile ad-tech company with patented micro-fencing™ technology that can be integrated into a brand’s mobile app. Digital Factory’s micro-fencing™ delivers real value to customers wherever they are located. Our team’s digital inventiveness and mobile location expertise creates brand stories that produce results. We are seasoned professionals who have worked in marketing, technology, mobile and beyond.
This Position Will Entail:
● Managing all the activities of the software development team
● Setting attainable goals to team members in order for the project to be finished on time
● Providing guidance to team members to encourage work productivity
● Ensures timelines are followed by the software development theme
● Managing multiple projects at once
● Representing the software department in meetings
● Leading and growing a team of software engineers in an Agile environment
Required Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities
● Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
● Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
● Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
Required Education and Work Experience
● Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
● 3+ years of experience working as a professional software development engineer building production quality mobile or web applications
● 2+ years of people management
● Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
● Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
● Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
● Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
● Health Care Industry experience a plus
Digital Factory is an Equal Opportunity Employer.