Food Distribution Support Staff (South Bronx)
SOUTH BRONX /NETWORK – FAMILY & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT /PART-TIME AND SEASONAL
Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization’s impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
Dream has partnered with Katzman Produce to provide fresh fruits and vegetables to families served by DREAM in East Harlem and South Bronx. Katzman Produce has generously donated over $80K worth of fruits and vegetables to feed over 300 families every single week since April during the COVID-19 pandemic.
DREAM is currently seeking additional support with food distribution in the South Bronx. This crew member will support packing, organizing, and distributing bags of produce to DREAM families.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the food distribution crew to ensure a safe and cohesive process for packing produce;
- Work in an assembly line style to pack produce available for the day;
- Support with the organization and distribution of bags of produce;
- Support with breakdown each day, including removal of boxes.
- Ability to work every Wednesday, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Team player orientation
- Strong work ethic, including timeliness and willingness to consistently abide by safety regulations
- All staff entering the building will be asked to submit a wellness form daily to ensure the safety of others;
- All staff is required to wear a mask and gloves (both are available on-site, as needed) the entire time they are inside the building with the exception of eating or drinking in designated areas;
- Disposable face shields, disinfecting spray and hand sanitizer are on hand for use as well;
- Do not go into the food distribution crowd without permission. The Family Engagement team will be responsible for line management and connecting with DREAM families onsite.
Hours & Location
- Location: DREAM Charter School – Mott Haven (411 Wales Ave, Bronx, NY)
- Days & Hours: Wednesdays, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Start date: as soon as possible
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.