Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization’s impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
Reporting to the Director of Curriculum and Instruction, the High School Curriculum and Instruction intern will be responsible for helping drive the curriculum and instructional strategies of our school. DREAM Charter High School cultivates critically conscious young people who use their achievements to dismantle systems that do not serve them and uplift their community. We are looking for an intern to support the coherence and cohesion of our instruction by supporting us in codifying and implementing systems as well as auditing student data and school resources. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates interested in education, instruction & data tracking.
- Contribute to the academic handbook;
- Audit academic systems, units and lesson plans;
- Support the design of new academic systems and student attendance protocol;
- Support the analysis of academic results;
- Monitor student attendance;
- Organize trackers.
- Hours: Monday-Thursdays: 10 am – 4 pm from Early June – Mid-August
- Location: 439 e 115th street New York, NY 10029
- Undergraduate status at an accredited University
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficient with Excel;
- Proficient in Google suite apps;
- Passion for equity and justice;
- A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the belief that all students can succeed, and a deep desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.