Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization’s impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
Students should consult with academic faculty to determine if this unpaid experience will earn credit.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Elementary Programs, the Academic Instructional Support Intern (REAL Kids) will be responsible for supporting site education specialists with management of academic, enrichment, and social emotional learning curriculum;. This is an exciting opportunity for folks interested in Elementary teaching & tutoring, literacy instruction & data tracking, curriculum development & implementation, and directly addressing the effect of Summer/COVID slide.
- Be on site at camp locations, in compliance with all COVID safety measures in place
- Support site education specialist with management of academic, enrichment, and social emotional learning curriculum;
- Prepare games and activities for differentiated small group instruction;Collect and record data for literacy assessments in order to monitor youth progress;
- Support site education specialist with management of academic, enrichment, and social emotional learning curriculum;Collect and record data for literacy assessments in order to monitor youth progress;
- Manage and organize instructional materials to ensure efficiency in distribution;Support individual and groups of youth and chaperone field trips, as needed.
- Hours: (June): Monday – Friday 10am-4pm (July/August): Monday – Friday 8am – 2pm (In-person and Virtual opportunities available)
- Location: East Harlem, South Bronx
- This opportunity is available for both virtual and in-person candidates
- Excellent written and verbal communication skillsMust be a self-starter and have excellent interpersonal skillsCompetency in Google Suite and word processingAble to perform duties promptly and professionally with accuracy and confidentiality A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the belief that all students can succeed, and a deep desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.
NOTE: Applications will be reviewed and processed starting March 22, 2021
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.