[Summer 2021] Enrichment Specialist- South Bronx
SOUTH BRONX /COMMUNITY BASED PROGRAMS – REALKIDS SUMMER /PART-TIME AND SEASONAL
Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization’s impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
Enrichment Specialists create diverse learning experiences that focus on, but are not limited to, artistic, cultural or STEM activities for students in grades K to 3 to continue their learning and development over the summer. Previous enrichment activities offered include Karate, Hip-Hop Dance, Slam Poetry, and Art Club. Specialists deliver 45 to 75 minute-long sessions to teams of 18-20 students in grades K-3, supported by two Youth Workers.
- Design and deliver curricula for enrichment activities that are aligned to the DREAM curriculum and program model;
- Collaborate with Youth Workers and Program Manager to provide a cohesive and fun experience for youth;
- Embed literacy throughout all instruction;
- Prepare all materials before activities begin and facilitate a thorough clean up afterwards;
- Encourage youth to positively participate in activities;
- Serve as a role model while demonstrating professional behavior;
- Ensure the safety of youth during activities;
- Note: Enrichment activities that require materials/resources will be given a conservative budget on an as-needed basis.
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- High school diploma required;
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in related field preferred;
- 2+ years experience working with groups of youth, or similar experience required;
- Ability to independently plan and implement lessons;
- Clear passion for and detailed knowledge of specialty area;
- Understanding of effective youth development strategies and conflict resolution;
- Exemplary social, organizational, and communication skills;
- Dedication to the program and ability to collaborate with colleagues to ensure a positive, productive youth experience;
- A commitment to DREAM’s mission, including the belief that all students can achieve at high levels.
- Starting at $25/hour, commensurate with experience.
- Tentative days and hours: Program dates: July 6 to August 13, 2021 (online and onsite training begins in late June)
- Hours: Monday-Thursday, 1pm – 4:30pm
PS 146 – 421 East 106th Street
DREAM Charter School (East Harlem) – 1991 Second Avenue
PS 18 – 502 Morris Avenue
DREAM Charter School (Mott Haven) – 411 Wales Avenue
PS 73 – 1020 Anderson Avenue
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.