Summer Field Coordinator – Elementary – South Bronx
SOUTH BRONX /COMMUNITY BASED PROGRAMS – ATHLETICS HEALTH AND WELLNESS /PART-TIME AND SEASONAL
Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization’s impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
DREAM is seeking dynamic individuals to serve as Summer Field Coordinators in our elementary-age REAL Kids program in East Harlem and the South Bronx. Our Field Coordinators assist our League Coordinators with supervising our high school-aged coaches, as well as assist in the implementation of our Athletics, Health, and Wellness curriculum.
The ideal candidate is a reliable team player with a commitment to youth development and a background in baseball or softball coaching. The Field Coordinators are key members of the program team and ensure the continued excellence, growth and sustainability of DREAM’s programs.
Like all DREAM employees, the Field Coordinators should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility.
- Assist with implementation of youth baseball and softball program practices;
- Lead morning huddles with their team, debriefing from the previous days programming and upcoming program events;
- Have oversight for on field baseball and softball programming;
- Monitor youth during practices and games;
- Are required to attend and co-facilitate meetings with: high school-aged coaches (daily) and college-aged coaches (2x/week);
- Aide in selecting All-Star teams (Robinson), Co-Manage All Star teams and assist Championship day;
- Responsible for ensuring all playing surfaces are safe on a daily basis and for ensuring incident reports are completed by coaches;
- Collaborate with program leadership and the baseball and softball staff to effectively integrate and continuously improve baseball and softball programming;
- Model and encourage positive youth behaviors and promote DREAM’s mission, values and organizational policies to all staff, participants and stakeholders;
- Participate in training, professional development and tactical meetings;
- Serve as liaison between program staff and baseball/softball staff;
- Implement all health and safety protocols as required;
- Other duties as required
- 18+ years old and high school diploma or equivalent required;
- Experience working in sports-based youth development; Ability to uphold, promote, and model youth development principles;
- Demonstrated strength as a baseball or softball coach strongly preferred;
- Experience playing baseball or softball strongly preferred;
- Experience supervising 6+ staff members preferred;
- Experience in summer youth program planning and development;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organization skills and attention to detail;
- Skilled problem-solver and self-starter;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), a plus.
Tentative Days and Hours
- June 14-August 13, 2021
- Mondays and Wednesdays: 8am-5pm
- Tuesdays and Thursdays:12pm-5pm
- Field Coordinators will be required to attend 2 paid days of training the week of June 7
- Program dates and hours are subject to change.
- REAL Kids at PS 18: 502 Morris Ave, The Bronx, NY 10451
- DREAM Charter School – Mott Haven: 411 Wales Avenue, The Bronx, NY 10454
- REAL Kids Highbridge at PS 73: 1020 Anderson Ave, The Bronx, NY 10452
- $17 / hour
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.