Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization’s impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
Reporting to the AHW Coordinator, the After School Movement Coach will be responsible for facilitating all movement based activities in the Middle School DreamBuilders Program. This is an exciting opportunity to promote positive relationships and healthy habits through exercise, be a role model for young people and get active!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan and facilitate indoor and outdoor movement classes during after school
- Set up and break down of equipment
- Lead an Athletic Health and Wellness-based club
- Coach a middle school sport
- Experience leading fitness and or sports activities for groups of youth in grades 4-8
- Knowledge of exercise science
- Passion for physical activity
- Certification through NASAM or NSCA, preferred
- A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the belief that all students can succeed, and a deep desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.
Hours and Location
September 13, 2021 – June 10, 2022
Monday–Thursdays from 3:00pm-6:00pm
Fridays from 12:00pm-6:00pm
East Harlem site:DREAM Charter School (East Harlem) – 1991 Second Avenue
South Bronx site:DREAM Charter School (Mott Haven) – 411 Wales Avenue
- Starting rate: $20/hour
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.