Be Part of Building the Future
Dremio is the SQL Lakehouse company, enabling companies to leverage open data architectures. Dremio’s SQL Lakehouse Platform simplifies data engineering and eliminates the need to copy and move data to proprietary data warehouses or create cubes, aggregation tables and BI extracts, providing flexibility and control for data architects and data engineers, and self-service for data consumers. Founded in 2015, Dremio is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. Investors include Cisco Investments, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, and Sapphire Ventures. For more information, visit www.dremio.com. Connect with Dremio on GitHub, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that really do change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
What you will learn / gain
- Work on distributed systems for data processing, with efficient protocols and communication, locking and consensus, schedulers, resource management, low latency access to distributed storage, auto scaling, and self healing
- Understand and reason about concurrency and parallelization to deliver scalability and performance in a multithreaded and distributed environment
What we’d like to see
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Prior internship experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of algorithms, data structures, and operating systems
- Excellent programming skills in Java
- Research or publications in databases or distributed systems, and contributions to open source is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and affinity for collaboration and teamwork
- Interested in and motivated to be part of a fast-moving startup with a fun and accomplished team
What we value
At Dremio, we hold ourselves to high standards when it comes to People, Thinking, and Action. Our Gnarlies (that’s what we call our employees) communicate with clarity, drive accountability, and are respectful towards each other. We confront brutal facts and focus on results while operating with a sense of urgency and building a “flywheel”. People who like to jump in and drive momentum will thrive in our #GnarlyLife.
Dremio is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other unlawful factor.
Dremio is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
Dremio has policies in place to protect the personal information that employees and applicants disclose to us. Please click here to review the privacy notice.