DSV Solutions is offering a paid internship that could potentially lead to a Full-time permanent basis position after graduation. The internship program will provide the student with relevant skills in a variety of logistics/operations functions via on-the-job training.
The Business Analytics Intern will provide support with the day to day operation and project based assignments. Focus will be on continuous improvement and business optimization for operations.
This position requires attention to detail, analytical abilities, a creative mind to invent solutions to improve quality and internal process related to information sharing, data analysis, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform capacity planning using Excel & other datasets
• Evaluate the following for process improvement opportunities and make recommendations:
• Material handling methods
• Material handling equipment requirements
• Stay abreast of the latest technology in warehousing and evaluate for application at DSV
• Assist in developing project scopes, specifications and estimates as needed
• Participate in process improvement initiatives
• Aid in special projects
• Performs other duties as required
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
• Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0
• Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree Program/ recently graduated
· Industrial Engineering or another related major
· Graduated within the last semester or Graduating this year
· Position will require a minimum of 20 hours and a maximum of 40 hours per week.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Advanced skill in MS Office primarily Word and PowerPoint and Excel (including Excel pivot tables and formulas).
- Familiar with WMOS
· English (reading, writing, verbal)
· Analytical Skills
· Effective communication skills
· Detail oriented
· Receive direct supervision from the General Manager and the Regional Director.
· Participate in professional training offered to all employees
· Build resume and explore career options with DSV
· Apply skills and knowledge to the workplace
· Flexible scheduling to allow for finals and changes in class schedule
· Upon successful completion of internship, could potentially lead to Full-time employment
While performing the duties of this internship, the intern will use his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.