Quality Assurance Intern – Paid Internship (Part-Time, 6 months)
Located in Vacaville, CA 95688 – Please only apply if residence is within 30 miles of our location
This internship position has a good possibility to become a full time Permanente Position!!
This is a paid internship position and an excellent opportunity for a student pursuing academical degrees in engineering to gain hands on skills while working with an innovative team in an industry-leading organization.
This is a Quality Assurance Intern position. In this role, you will be supporting a project that is critical to our company’s Five-year growth plan. You will be reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager and working with Operations team members including the Quality Assurance Coordinator and representatives from Product Engineering, Production, Scheduling, and engineers, technicians, and technical writers from our partner supplier.
Your role in this project will be to qualify and provide sample parts and documentation to our internal and external teams. Our new supplier partner will begin manufacturing components for us at remote location(s). These parts are currently made in house within our Vacaville, California Production facility. Our team needs to provide the documentation and physical qualified samples; You will provide input that is essential to creating new or revising and improving existing documentation that will ultimately enable our partner supplier to fabricate conforming parts.
Essential Job Functions
· Conduct quality inspections and subsequent technical assessments to qualify product control samples per design specifications (i.e., product drawings).
· Document characteristics of products accurately with technical detail.
· Perform precise dimensional inspections without supervision.
· Identify any potential nonconformities and notify the Quality Assurance Coordinator or Manager.
· Maintain accurate inventory of the control samples. Complete proper documentation of work performed (i.e., logs, dimensional data sheets, etc.)
· Communicate effectively to other DuraVent personnel any proposed design improvements or quality issues needing corrective actions.
· Initiate Non-Conforming Material Reports (NCMR) for products that do not conform to specifications to prevent parts from reaching our customers and reoccurrence.
· Provide direct support to the preparation of quality documentation and reports.
· Work with management to ensure all project milestones are achieved within the identified and documented time.
Benefits of the Internship
· Learn about quality systems certified to the ISO 9001:2015 standard.
· Learn about activities related to technical support and problem-solving.
· Develop a high sense for quality and project management tasks.
· Determine the consequences of failures and how this can impact our products, customers, and innovation.
· Student pursuing academic degree(s) in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering, or related technical field.
Preferred Experience and Skills
· Knowledge of sheet metal fabrication processes including pneumatic press forming, shearing, punching, bending, laser cutting;
· Knowledge of how to interpret engineering drawings of mechanical components;
· Experience using measurement tools including micrometers, calipers, and pi tapes;
· Knowledge and experience of Quality Control process (material and component inspection);
· Experience with software applications including Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, and Teams);
· Standard process creation or improvement and technical writing skills are beneficial;
· Experience with Computer Assisted Design (CAD) software;
· Ability to function within a team environment;
· Problem solving and analytical skills;
· Excellent written and oral communication skills (English required, Spanish and Vietnamese are also most beneficial).
DuraVent is the recognized technological leader in the venting industry. Consistently first to market with new innovations, DuraVent is committed to providing safe and technologically advanced venting. As part of our commitment to push the industry forward and continue our mission to innovate, DuraVent operates 2 laboratories designed for the research and development of many types of products. The company’s research into solving problems with corrosion, installation challenges, and changing regulations has led to several patented venting systems unmatched in the industry today. DuraVent has a corporate office located in Detroit MI as well as 3 manufacturing facilities totaling over 250,000 square feet strategically located in the US and Canada and is able to provide high-quality, low-cost Hearth, Residential HVAC, and Commercial HVAC products to our chosen markets. Our 650 employees at 4 North American locations have a culture of openness and teamwork and a tradition of high performance and growth to WIN!