SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Eagle County Schools is an innovative school district of 830 professional educators and 400 support staff engaging nearly 7,000 students. Our vision is to prepare all of our students to be global-ready graduates, who will be successful in their careers or college experience and contribute to their communities in positive and effective ways.
Within ECSD, the Technology Department is a high-performing and collaborative team passionate about supporting academic success through seamless and effective use of technology in the K-12 learning environment. We seek to promote digital citizenship, develop effective technical skills, and transform learning within an environment of security and solution-oriented service.
The Educational Technology Manager will be the lead voice for identification, implementation, and assessment of educational technologies across the school district from the curriculum to the classroom, as well as a mentor to a team of Education Technology specialists. This individual should have a passion for education and a desire to explore innovative ways of applying technology to meet educational goals.
Duties of the Educational Technology Manager include driving the integration of technology and information literacy into the ECSD curriculum, leading staff development to include support for assessment programs and data, and aiding in the daily ope-rational duties that are needed to ensure departmental and district success. The Educational Technology Manager and the “EdTech” team provide a critical role in the district to transform learning through technology and serve as a conduit between the technology department and all educators.
The ideal candidate would be a career teacher or school technologist who shares a passion for elevating the technology skills of students and staff for the betterment of overall education.
SUPERVISED BY: Chief Technology Officer
ESSENTIAL JOB ELEMENTS:
- Collaborate with three other IT department managers for seamless day-to-day operations.
- Contribute to strategic planning of technology initiatives and provide consolidated recommendations to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Supervise and mentor a small team of Education Technology Specialists who serve as the liaison between the technology department and instructional use of computers/software within the classroom. These specialists have considerable background in the classroom and with technology platforms.
- Prepare and initiate technology/information literacy plans which incorporate building-based and district-wide plans, technology-based initiatives, technology integration and information literacy strategies.
- Coordinate and help facilitate district / building level technology committees.
- Establish and communicate the basic technology competencies needed by teachers, instructional assistants, instructional specialists, media specialists, and user support specialists.
- Assess, define, and deliver training for instructional leaders and teachers on the use of technology to deliver ECSD curriculum through diverse platforms. Collaborate with technology teachers and classroom teachers to model technology integration strategies and deliver technology-infused lessons to students.
- Provide leadership in the integration of technology and information literacy into the curriculum.
- Make recommendations for the acquisition, implementation, and maintenance of educational technology at all levels.
- Maintain current industry knowledge for the implementation and evaluation of administrative and instructional technology-based systems.
- Provide planning, training, and support for teachers to use district tools, including laptops and other hardware, assessment software, SIS, grade books, data analyst tools, and other technologies linked to successful teaching and learning.
- Assist in the development and dissemination of technology and information literacy updates and communications throughout the district.
- Provide oversight and technical support for Special Ed. teachers and staff in the use of assistive technology devices.
- Serve as a participating member of the technology team working in a collaborative environment incorporating the thoughts and ideas of other contributing team members.
- Other duties as assigned.