SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Supports instruction and assessment aligned with District learner outcomes and State achievement standards. Supervises assigned students and maintain a positive learning environment. Adapts instruction to meet the learner needs of all students increasing the probability of advancing their achievement. Maintains positive inter-personal relationships with students, parents, staff, and community members.
SUPERVISED BY: School Principal/Assistant Principal
ESSENTIAL JOB ELEMENTS:
1. Teach the approved Eagle County School District RE50J curriculum based on lesson plans provided by the regular classroom teacher.
2. Implement the regular teacher’s assigned responsibilities, plans and schedule.
3. Assess student work when appropriate and time permits.
4. Promote and maintain student behavior expectations conducive to learning, and maximizes learning time.
5. Prepare a summary report of work completed and the day’s events for the regular teacher.
6. Complete the Guest Teacher report form.
7. Establish and demonstrate positive human relations with students, parents, other staff members, and the community.
8. Ensure the accuracy, completeness, confidentiality, and security of all student information.
9. Comply with District and School policies and procedures including meeting with assigned students at scheduled location and time.
10. Utilize the Substitute Absence Management/SAM system to accept/decline/manage his/her work and schedule in the capacity of a guest teacher.
11. Other duties as assigned.