Position Summary – The Tutor Coordinator (TC) is primarily responsible for assisting with the recruitment of volunteers while supporting the academic staff with curriculum implementation and tutor management. The TC’s commitment is critical to our students’ success. This is a remote position with opportunities for optional in-person meetings.
The Tutor Coordinator position is an academic year position and does not include benefits.
- Compensation: $1,000 monthly stipend.
- May use hours towards Federal Work Study.
- This is a part-time position. Oct 21-June 22
- Recruit tutors and advertise tutoring opportunities on local college campuses, local community, and online.
- Support tutors and academic staff with the monitoring of the tutoring curriculum by reviewing tutoring videos and tutor logs.
- Communicate effectively with staff and tutors as needed.
- Submit a weekly TC check-in report of tutoring or regular weekly meeting with Volunteer Coordinator and Tier Head.
- Promote team building for tutors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS – EPATT is seeking an energetic, committed, motivated, organized, and creative Tutor Assistant. The ideal candidate is interested in education, the non-profit sector, or social work. The ideal candidate must also have knowledge of challenges and interventions for youth from urban communities.
- Authorized to work in the USA
- Flexibility to meet changing work needs and demands
- Desire to assist K-12th grade students toward college attainment
- Openness to feedback and desire to grow professionally
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Ability to maintain an excellent work ethic
- A high level of energy and exceptional enthusiasm all day, every day!
- Must pass a background check.
- Execute EPATT’s program mission and values in a positive and professional manner
- Take initiative to analyze and solve problems
- Respond quickly to tutor and staff needs
- Maintain a high standard of ethics and integrity
- Be available to support all staff in their goal of effectively impacting students
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – EPATT is an equal opportunity employer
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to see, hear, and speak.
- Ability to type, write, and read.
PLEASE APPLY BY SENDING COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: VOLUNTEER@EPATT.ORG