Working at Easterseals Southern California is more than just a job, it’s an opportunity to make profound and positive differences in people’s lives, every day. Our purpose is to change the way the world defines and views disability. At ESSC, you’ll join a team of caring colleagues who will help support you throughout your job and career. Join our team today and start making an impact. Behavior Interventionists provide ABA therapy and can also be known as behavior therapists, behavior technicians, and behavior aides in the industry. We provide extensive training for new hires and all associates will have an opportunity to earn their RBT (Registered Behavior Technician) certification if they do not already have one.
- Will monitor the development of children in home, the community and/or other natural settings, providing 1:1 specialized behavior intervention services to children, and parent education, according to goals described in the treatment plan.
- Ensure effective communication between all support team members.
- Complete necessary program and participant-related documents and reports.
- Attend meetings as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university. Preference for degree programs related to psychology, early childhood education, behavior therapy, or related field.
- At least 1 year of either professional or personal experience with children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder or other development disabilities.
- Familiar with and/or willing to learn and implement the approaches to intervention based on the science of Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Demonstrate good judgment, decision-making, and communication skills. Exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Must relate well to children and their families.
- Very good working knowledge in all applicable computer programs (Microsoft Office).
- Valid CPR certification. (can get this after hire)
- Ability to pass background/fingerprint clearance, health screenings and provide/obtain immunizations.
- Reliable transportation, proof of valid California driver’s license, safe driving record, proper auto insurance and vehicle registration.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by clicking on the green “APPLY EXTERNALLY” button.