Project Management Office Tech Writer – Part Time Summer Job
Job ID 2021-3859
Working at Easterseals Southern California is more than just a job, it’s an opportunity to make profound and positive difference in people’s lives, every day. Our purpose is to change the way the world defines and views disability. At ESSC, you’ll join a team of caring colleagues who will help support you in your role. This position is in our Information Technology (IT) Department. It is a temporary, summer job that lasts for 12 weeks but could potentially be longer. We are flexible on start & end dates to align with school schedules. Hours are part-time for 15-20 hours a week. The team is working remotely at this time, but may resume working in-person out of the Irvine office. This job is ideal for students or professionals looking for summer work experience. Students should have completed coursework in computer software, engineering, and/or information technologies and be comfortable applying skills in a testing environment.
Primary job duties:
- Support IT PMO in development of Governance, risk management and compliance (GRC) document templates, other project management related templates and working within the Document Management System (DMS)
- Support IT PMO Lead with general internal communications, such as Alerts, Action Required, Change Awareness notifications
- Support IT PMO Lead to prepare instruction manuals, how-to guides, journal articles, blog posts, workflows, and other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information more easily.
This is a part time summer job!
High School Diploma, 2 years college coursework in any of the following: Journalism, English, and Communications. Coursework or certifications in Computer Science and/or Engineering.
At least 1 year of relevant work related to development of policies, procedures, and other business documents. Able to demonstrate good technical documentation (process, workflow, user guide), or at minimum illustrate clarity of text by putting complicated ideas into simple words.
Any required Certifications:
If they have any certifications in Microsoft or Adobe products – or other technical writing software certifications, this would be beneficial. Any certifications in computer science, cyber security, infrastructure, technical operations would be helpful.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documents, including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation.
- The ability to gather and analyze technical and product information from various sources to document new or changing product functionality.
- Be proficient in MS Excel and Adobe Pro. A bonus would be experience with Adobe Captivate and Creative Cloud. Web design basics is a bonus.