Edgewood Consulting Group is a global sales and marketing strategy firm committed to brand, category, aisle and retail leadership.
We work with consumer packaged goods companies and their retail partners to generate insights, innovation and implementation that gets results. We combine research and data with advanced analytics in ways that drive innovation in strategy, category management, aisle leadership, and shopper marketing.
Edgewood’s unique approach wins awards, builds brands, and creates a competitive advantage for our clients.
• Pull and analyze data from different data providers for retail marketing and consumer marketing analysis and strategy development
• Organize data, research and insights to analyze it, generate observations, insights, trends and hypotheses for further investigation
• Work independently and in project teams to contribute to and collaborate on final deliverables and recommendations
• Combine data and insights from different sources: syndicated data, market research, secondary research to
– Identify trends and insights
– Make presentations for clients
– Contribute to and participate in discussions and brainstorms to develop strategy and recommendations
• Write up recommendations for internal use and in presentations for client use and use in their presentations to retailers
• Build, maintain and work with software & models that support advanced analytics
• Work is in typically, but not limited to Excel, PowerPoint and well as proprietary tools
• Successful candidates combine analytic and creative skills to develop as an analyst and strategist and become an increasingly valued member of our team
• Analyze and recommend how to build distribution for a new product
• Analyze and recommend how to price new and existing products
• Prepare to field consumer research
• Analyze consumer research results and syndicated (scanner) data to generate recommendations
• Build a sales presentation for client sales team to present to Walmart, Target, Costco, etc.
Candidates must be strong in MS Office including PowerPoint and Excel – and proficient with pivot tables, vlookups and advanced formulas. First-round interview includes an Excel test.
- Has received degree within the last two years or will receive degree by Summer 2021 (recent grad or class of 2021)
- Excellent analytics skills
- Project/club/job/volunteer experience outside of the classroom
For this position, we are looking for someone who can think creatively in evaluating both the “why” of an issue and who can generate solutions. We value intellectual honesty and communication and are looking for someone who is results-oriented, checks their own work, meets deadlines, & takes pride in exceeding expectations. We also want someone who wants to work in a team-oriented, non-political environment.
Career Path: Our entrepreneurial culture allows you to develop your talents and shape your career. You’ll receive training, mentoring & assignments to develop your skills and add increasing value to clients’ brands.
• Some light travel may be required (post-covid)
• Work from home with return to office once safe