REPORTS TO: Site Operations Manager
Education for Change is looking for a responsible and reliable School Minivan Driver to transport students to and from school following a scheduled route and ensuring their safety. The School Minivan Driver’s responsibilities include observing safety and traffic rules, and safely transporting students to school in the van. To be successful as a School Minivan Driver you should enjoy working with children and strictly observe passenger transport regulations. Ultimately, a top-notch School Minivan Driver should regard passenger safety as the highest priority.
- Drive students in an 8-person passenger minivan to and from school to a designated pick up/drop off location.
- Being attentive to traffic and weather conditions and ensuring passenger safety.
- Following the planned route and schedule for departure times and stops.
- Regularly checking vehicle safety such as tires, brakes, turn signals, mechanical equipment, etc.
- Monitoring and reporting fuel consumption, mileage, and passenger numbers.
- Reporting delays, accidents, and emergencies.
- Responding to emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Inspecting the vehicle thoroughly before and after each trip.
- Enforcing conduct and safety rules on the van.
- Maintaining a clean vehicle.
- Knowledge of safe driving practices, State laws, rules and regulations pertaining to pupil transportation.
- High school diploma/GED.
- California driver’s license required.
- 10-year clean driving record.
- Working knowledge of first aid procedures.
- Professional and courteous communication.
- Spanish bilingual preferred
- Experience working with K-12 students preferred.
EFC Core Values
- Connected- We continually work to build trusting relationships among students, families, staff, and the Oakland community at large. We are an all-hands-on-deck network driven by empathy. We value our collective identity and the individual identities of our community members and scholars such that we have a sense of collective ownership and responsibility for each other and for our scholars.
- Inclusive- We proactively disrupt predictable patterns of opportunity, power, privilege, and performance. We create an inclusive environment where multiple perspectives are not only valued but sought, where people from all backgrounds feel seen and heard and can thrive, and where we all feel a deep sense of accountability to our mission.
- Interdependent- Our success at every level is dependent on our individual and collective sustainability. To that end, we are transparent, creative, and collaborative problem-solvers who seek to build trusting relationships. We are curious and are open to new ideas while also putting systems in place to ensure continuity so that our employees can stay, grow, thrive, and help make good on our promise to our students and families.
- Learners- We support each other to develop and grow so that we can leverage our collective power, intelligence, and passion on behalf of our students. We lean on home-grown leaders who are rooted in our community. Individuals feel known and are provided opportunities to maximize their potential in alignment with their passions and goals.