Home Office Rotational Development Program – Operations Division
Saint Louis, Missouri; Tempe, Arizona
June 27, 2022
At Edward Jones we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team’s ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
An Engaging Culture:
We’re committed to providing a workplace that both challenges and rewards our associates. This commitment has contributed to our inclusion in Fortune magazine’s list of the “100 Best Companies to Work For in 2020.” The firm is ranked 7th overall on the prestigious list.
Rotational Development Program:
The Rotational Development Program (RDP) provides a combination of rotational assignments, mentoring, and coaching to build a broad range of experience across business areas critical to Edward Jones. This is a fourteen-month program, designed to provide an opportunity for RDPs to boost their career and develop business competencies by working collaboratively with program peers and leaders while contributing to key assignments.
Along with on-the-job experiences, every rotation has learning and development opportunities supporting each program theme. Rotation themes reinforce expectations for the participants’ development progression throughout the program.
· Paid full-time study to obtain SIE, Series 7 Top Off and Series 66 licenses
· Project and thought leadership through meaningful assignments
· Assigned mentors who provide advice and guidance throughout the program to support career growth and personal development
· Ongoing engagement and strong support from program leadership and cohort
Operations Division Overview:
In the Operations division at Edward Jones, you’ll focus on creating the ideal client and branch experience. From account opening, statement production and tax reporting to trade and estate processing, Operations is involved every step of the way.
As the backbone of the branch, your work will support all client transactions and processing through the life cycle of the client relationship. Through strategic thinking and cross-functional collaboration, you’ll continuously identify opportunities for operational efficiency and risk mitigation, supporting the firm in its key objectives.
· Gain exposure to multiple departments within the division through rotations – learning the work and creating a foundation of knowledge to build upon for future success in an accelerated manner
· Training with key areas throughout Operations to equip associates with crucial foundational skills i.e. Business Process Improvement, Visual Basic coding, Operational Risk & Control
· Variation of project assignments based on the business needs centered around identifying and improving the service provided to branches and/or clients
· Study to obtain SIE, Series 7, and Series 66 when beginning the program
Who Should Apply?
· Students who:
§ Are working towards a graduation date of December 2021 or May 2022 (Graduating before program start date)
§ Drive to succeed and have a strong interest in the financial services industry
§ Have excellent leadership, communication, teamwork and service skills
§ Demonstrate leadership in the community and campus organizations
§ Multitask and prioritize to ensure maximum productivity
§ Utilize critical thinking to challenge current processes and seek opportunities to improve
§ Are eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
§ A preferred major for this opportunity, including, but not limited to:
§ Supply Chain Management
§ Computer Science
§ Data Analysis/Data Science
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.