Home Office Rotational Development Program – Technology Division
Saint Louis, Missouri
June 27, 2022
At Edward Jones we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team’s ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
An Engaging Culture:
We’re committed to providing a workplace that both challenges and rewards our associates. This commitment has contributed to our inclusion in Fortune magazine’s list of the “100 Best Companies to Work For in 2020.” The firm is ranked 7th overall on the prestigious list.
Rotational Development Program:
The Rotational Development Program (RDP) provides a combination of rotational assignments, mentoring, and coaching to build a broad range of experience across business areas critical to Edward Jones. This is a fourteen-month program, designed to provide an opportunity for RDPs to boost their career and develop business competencies by working collaboratively with program peers and leaders while contributing to key assignments.
Along with on-the-job experiences, every rotation has learning and development opportunities supporting each program theme. Rotation themes reinforce expectations for the participants’ development progression throughout the program.
· Paid full-time study to obtain Series 66 license
· Project and thought leadership through meaningful assignments
· Assigned mentors who provide advice and guidance throughout the program to support career growth and personal development
· Ongoing engagement and strong support from program leadership and cohort
Technology Division Overview:
You’ll push boundaries to deliver the technologies that power our business. Whether designing new applications or enhancing infrastructure, your work in Information Systems will have a meaningful impact for both our clients and the firm.
A culture of continuous learning and innovation, you’ll be empowered to bring new ideas forward and leverage emerging technologies as our business evolves. By building and evolving systems, creating industry-leading technology tools and implementing state-of-the-art security, you’ll discover better and more effective ways to support our branch teams and the clients they serve.
As an rotational associate in our Technology IS Division, you will be given meaningful and challenging assignments throughout the 12-month program. As you cross-train and develop during the program, you may have an opportunity to rotate through the following Technology areas:
- Software Infrastructure: Edward Jones leverages technologies like Jenkins, Docker & Kubernetes, Git, SonarQube, Artifactory, and TomCat to support our software developers throughout the project lifecycle. Our Software Infrastructure department researches and implements solutions to ensure application availability, streamline our development, and reduce our time-to-market.
· Information Security: You could be providing first level security monitoring and investigations to protect our systems from internal and external threats. Assisting with forensics analysis and fact gathering. Assisting with vulnerability assessments/scanning for specific applications, OS’s, services, networks and servers and appliances, as required. Assisting with configuration and maintenance of information security tools (e.g. AV, SIEM, IPS, Firewalls, e-mail gateway protection, DLP, DBAM, NAC, Certificate Management, Encryption, Proxy technologies, Threat Intelligence, Case management, anti-malware, Network Security Monitoring, Anti-Phishing, etc.)
- Technology User Experience: Potential opportunities include experiences such as: Researching and evaluating new tools for use by UX team members. Contributing to design or development work for our design system. Supporting the firm’s accessibility work. Assisting with design thinking workshops/activities.
- Quality: Our Quality department includes our Branch-facing Help Desk, Systems Operations Center (SOC), and Quality Assurance. This team ensures our branches can get the help they need fast, our systems remain up-and-running, and that our software is fully tested before being introduced to end-users.
Who Should Apply?
· Students who:
§ Are working towards a graduation date of December 2021 or May 2022 (Graduating before program start date)
§ Drive to succeed and have a strong interest in the financial services industry
§ Have excellent leadership, communication, teamwork and service skills
§ Demonstrate leadership in the community and campus organizations
§ Multitask and prioritize to ensure maximum productivity
§ Utilize critical thinking to challenge current processes and seek opportunities to improve
§ Are eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
§ A preferred major for this opportunity, including, but not limited to:
§ Computer Science/Computer Engineering
§ Management/Information Systems
§ Other-related Technical Degrees
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.