Home Office Summer Internship – Finance Division
Saint Louis, Missouri
June 6, 2022 – August 12, 2022
At Edward Jones we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team’s ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
An Engaging Culture:
We’re committed to providing a workplace that both challenges and rewards our associates. This commitment has contributed to our inclusion in Fortune magazine’s list of the “100 Best Companies to Work For in 2020.” The firm is ranked 7th overall on the prestigious list.
Home Office Summer Internship Program:
As an intern in the Service area of the firm, you will be given meaningful and challenging assignments during the 10-week summer program. This is a unique opportunity to gain experience and industry knowledge through summer project work in your Division, while also developing professionally through networking with peers, mentors and senior leaders at our Corporate Headquarters.
· Develop knowledge and skills to promote professional growth and personal development
· Assigned mentors who provide advice and guidance throughout the program
· Directly contribute to a business area to gain real work experiences and make an impact
· Develop and build networking skills to learn about our culture
· Attend exclusive events to meet and learn from other interns across the firm in a supportive environment that focuses on team building
Finance Division Overview:
Finance provides leadership of the financial integrity of the firm, business intelligence and advocacy, and applies this expertise to positively impact the firm’s financial standing and strategic business objectives. You will play a critical role in the firm’s growth and sustained financial strength.
As part of this team, you will have the ability to influence decision making and contribute to new strategies. You will also drive operational effectiveness and efficiency to assist us in achieving business objectives.
· Use systems, tools and processes in place to effectively process and record financial transactions
· Analyze and communicate tailored financial information proactively and responsibly
· Proactively execute the firm’s financial and regulatory reporting responsibilities
· Play a key role in problem identification and solution development with various business partners across the firm
· Ensure systems, tools and data structures produce integrated information
Who Should Apply?
· Students who:
§ Are actively pursuing a degree, with Sophomore or Junior class standing
§ Drive to succeed and have an interest in the financial services industry
§ Have excellent leadership, communication, teamwork and service skills
§ Demonstrate leadership and involvement in the community or campus organizations
§ Are eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.