Home Office Summer Internship – Internal Audit Division
Saint Louis, Missouri
June 6, 2022 – August 12, 2022
At Edward Jones we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team’s ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
An Engaging Culture:
We’re committed to providing a workplace that both challenges and rewards our associates. This commitment has contributed to our inclusion in Fortune magazine’s list of the “100 Best Companies to Work For in 2020.” The firm is ranked 7th overall on the prestigious list.
Home Office Summer Internship Program:
As an intern in the Service area of the firm, you will be given meaningful and challenging assignments during the 10-week summer program. This is a unique opportunity to gain experience and industry knowledge through summer project work in your Division, while also developing professionally through networking with peers, mentors and senior leaders at our Corporate Headquarters.
· Develop knowledge and skills to promote professional growth and personal development
· Assigned mentors who provide advice and guidance throughout the program
· Directly contribute to a business area to gain real work experiences and make an impact
· Develop and build networking skills to learn about our culture
· Attend exclusive events to meet and learn from other interns across the firm in a supportive environment that focuses on team building
Internal Audit Division Overview:
The Internal Audit division partners to provide vital insights, identifies risk and reviews processes, systems and technology. Immersed in all aspects of our business, you’ll be equipped with the knowledge and experience for career growth.
As part of this dynamic team, you’ll drive business decisions in alignment with the firm’s objectives. From assessing internal controls to leading key cross-divisional projects, your work will be critical in today’s prevailing corporate environment.
Work closely with and obtain guidance from auditors or leaders to perform audit work, which may include independent audits and regulatory reviews of certain areas of the firm in order to gain an understanding of both firm, industry, and related processes and systems. Through this work identify key weaknesses or areas containing inefficiencies to help ensure appropriate controls are in place in an effort to mitigate risk to the firm.
· Audit testing should be adequately supported and work papers should be logically organized. The intern should work with leaders or auditors to develop the initial skills needed.
· Develop analytical skills necessary to understand the purpose of the controls being tested. Use these analytical skills to conclude on the adequacy of the respective internal control structure and determine if control deficiencies exist.
· Effectively communicate the results of testing verbally or through written memos and workpapers to Leaders of Internal Audit and the respective business areas.
Who Should Apply?
· Students who:
§ Are actively pursuing a degree, with Sophomore or Junior class standing
§ Drive to succeed and have an interest in the financial services industry
§ Have excellent leadership, communication, teamwork and service skills
§ Demonstrate leadership and involvement in the community or campus organizations
§ Are eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
§ Are pursuing a degree in Accounting
§ Knowledge of accounting principles and reporting rules
§ Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; specifically, Excel knowledge
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.