Home Office Summer Internship – Internal Technology Audit
Saint Louis, Missouri
June 6, 2022 – August 12, 2022
At Edward Jones we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team’s ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
An Engaging Culture:
We’re committed to providing a workplace that both challenges and rewards our associates. This commitment has contributed to our inclusion in Fortune magazine’s list of the “100 Best Companies to Work For in 2020.” The firm is ranked 7th overall on the prestigious list.
Home Office Summer Internship Program:
As an intern of the firm, you will be given meaningful and challenging assignments during the 10-week summer program. This is a unique opportunity to gain experience and industry knowledge through summer project work in your Division, while also developing professionally through networking with peers, mentors and senior leaders at our Corporate Headquarters.
· Develop knowledge and skills to promote professional growth and personal development
· Assigned mentors who provide advice and guidance throughout the program
· Directly contribute to a business area to gain real work experiences and make an impact
· Develop and build networking skills to learn about our culture
· Attend exclusive events to meet and learn from other interns across the firm in a supportive environment that focuses on team building
Internal Audit Division Overview:
The Internal Audit division partners to provide vital insights, identifies risk and reviews processes, systems and technology. Immersed in all aspects of our business, you’ll be equipped with the knowledge and experience for career growth. As part of this dynamic team, you’ll drive business decisions in alignment with the firm’s objectives. From assessing internal controls to leading key cross-divisional projects, your work will be critical in today’s prevailing corporate environment.
Tech Audit Internship Position:
Work closely with and obtain guidance from technology auditors or leaders to perform audit work, which is independent assurance that our firm technology is working as intended. Tech Audit interns gain an understanding of both firm, industry, and related processes and systems through their audits.
You will be helping to identify key weaknesses or areas to help ensure appropriate controls are in place in an effort to mitigate risk to the firm. As technology is changing and emerging at the firm, you are there helping identify and assess any risks related to that technology, communicating these risks to firm and technology leaders. You’ll be helping to determine along with your teammates ‘what could go wrong’ with our technology including understanding and evaluating ‘what is going right’. This includes looking at our cyber and technology related controls across the organization.
Tech Audit Interns learn and perform the following activities as part of a technology audit:
· Adequately support audit testing/reviews, and work papers logically organized. The intern should work with leaders or auditors to develop the initial skills needed.
· Develop analytical skills necessary to understand the purpose of the controls being tested. Use these analytical skills to conclude on the adequacy of the respective internal control structure and determine if control deficiencies exist.
· Effectively communicate the results of testing verbally or through written memos and workpapers to Leaders of Internal Audit and the respective business areas.
· Gain exposure to all ranges of leadership as part of a technology audit, working on professional devolvement competencies such as communicates with impact, sound judgement, strategic thinking, drives for results.
· Technology audit looks at all facets of technology development including business software development, quality assurance, vendor management, information security.
Who Should Apply?
· Students who:
§ Are actively pursuing a degree, with Sophomore or Junior class standing
§ Drive to succeed and have an interest in the financial services industry
§ Have excellent leadership, communication, teamwork and service skills
§ Demonstrate leadership and involvement in the community or campus organizations
§ Are eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
§ Are pursuing a degree in Technology Focused Areas (Computer Science, Data Analytics, Cybersecurity, MIS, Informatics)
§ Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; specifically, Excel knowledge
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.