Home Office Summer Internship – Operations Division
Saint Louis, Missouri; Tempe, Arizona
June 6, 2022 – August 12, 2022
At Edward Jones we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team’s ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
An Engaging Culture:
We’re committed to providing a workplace that both challenges and rewards our associates. This commitment has contributed to our inclusion in Fortune magazine’s list of the “100 Best Companies to Work For in 2020.” The firm is ranked 7th overall on the prestigious list.
Home Office Summer Internship Program:
As an intern in the Service area of the firm, you will be given meaningful and challenging assignments during the 10-week summer program. This is a unique opportunity to gain experience and industry knowledge through summer project work in your Division, while also developing professionally through networking with peers, mentors and senior leaders at our Corporate Headquarters.
· Develop knowledge and skills to promote professional growth and personal development
· Assigned mentors who provide advice and guidance throughout the program
· Directly contribute to a business area to gain real work experiences and make an impact
· Develop and build networking skills to learn about our culture
· Attend exclusive events to meet and learn from other interns across the firm in a supportive environment that focuses on team building
Operations Division Overview:
In the Operations division at Edward Jones, you’ll focus on creating the ideal client and branch experience. From account opening, statement production and tax reporting to trade and estate processing, Operations is involved every step of the way.
As the backbone of the branch, your work will support all client transactions and processing through the life cycle of the client relationship. Through strategic thinking and cross-functional collaboration, you’ll continuously identify opportunities for operational efficiency and risk mitigation, supporting the firm in its key objectives.
· Gain exposure and understanding of industry challenges and department/team goals in order to achieve quick results with a lasting impact
· Training with key areas and product teams to equip associates with crucial foundational skills i.e. Business Process Improvement, Visio Process Mapping, and Risk Management
· Variation of project assignments using analytical and decision-making skills to interpret data and make recommendations for process changes.
· Gain hands on experience using different systems and software such as Excel, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams.
· Exercises collaboration and communication (written and verbal) skills a variety of people (i.e. branch offices, third parties, vendors, internal departments, leaders, and mentors for development and to work through complex opportunities or issues.)Relationship building opportunities through team building, mentorship, senior leader discussions, and intern collaboration.
Who Should Apply?
· Students who:
§ Are actively pursuing a degree, with Sophomore or Junior class standing
§ Drive to succeed and have an interest in the financial services industry
§ Have excellent leadership, communication, teamwork and service skills
§ Demonstrate leadership and involvement in the community or campus organizations
§ Are eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
§ A preferred major for this opportunity, including, but not limited to:
§ Supply Chain Management
§ Computer Science
§ Data Analytics/Data Science
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.